The GRYRC “Wave Runners” are excited to announce they will be hosting their
2nd Annual Jingle Bell Run for K – 8th graders.
Sunday December 14th 2014
Location: Redondo Union High School “Sea Hawk Bowl”
One Sea Hawk Way, Redondo Beach 90277
Free to Participate
If you would like to assist us in bringing the holiday joy to children nearby.
Bring a new $5 unwrapped toy.
• 10:00 a.m. – All Runners Check-In
Check-In should be no later than 30 minutes before your race start time.
• 11:00 a.m. – K – 2nd grades – 400m Dash – Girls and Boys will run together.
• 11:30 a.m. – 3rd – 6th grades – 1 mile race – Girls and Boys will run together.
• 12:00 p.m. – 7th – 8th grades – 2 mile race – Girls and Boys will run together.
Top 5 Boys and Top 5 Girls in each race will receive Medals.
ALL Finishers will receive a Jingle Bell Ribbon.
Jingle Bell Run Course (coming soon)
Some of the Wave Runners will be participating in the PVIS cross country invite on Thursday Oct. 30th so there will be no practice on Thursday.
PVIS Cross Country Invitational Information
Thursday Oct.30th PVIS XC Meet @ Palos Verdes XC Course 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM
DIRECTIONS – 2020 Palos Verdes Drive West, PV Estates,90274.
The cross countrycourse is located at the Lunada Bay Little League Field. You will see it on your left. Go to the fountain and make a U turn.
Coach Baker will be there by 2:30 pm. We would like everyone to try their best to be there by 2:30 to 2:45 pm. It will be busy with traffic as the PV schools get out at 3:00 PM. The first race goes off at 3:30 pm.
6th grade boys and girls will run a combined race on the 1.6 mile course
7th and 8th grades run the 2 mile course Boys first race then the girls.
PVIS XC 1.6 mile course map 6th grade
PVIS XC 2 mile course map 7th & 8th Grade
7th Annual PVIS XC Invitational
Trophies for top 10 finishers
Trophies for top team (you need 5 runners to have a team score)
3:30 PM – 7th/8th grade Boys Race
4:00 PM – 7th/8th grade Girls Race
4:30 PM – 6th grade Boys & Girls Combined
5:00 PM – Awards Ceremony
Wednesday Practice Update – We will have practice this Wednesday 10/1 since the high school cancelled their meet.
Our first two meets are approaching at MBMS on 10/9 and MT SAC on 10/17. If you are going to participate in these meets we need you to sign up by 10/1
Please sign and return the second page of the Runners Pledge – Rules of the Road. This was emailed to all of our runners parents. Email us if you need it sent again. Thanks
We will cancel today’s practice (Thursday) 5/15/14. It will be cooler next week so practice starts back up on Monday. The coaches want to ensure you we are thinking of the kids safety and feel with this heatwave it will be best for the kids to cancel today’s practice.
Stay cool, have great weekend and see you on Monday!
Wave Runners due to the Parras softball game today (Thursday April 17) we need to cancel practice. See you on Monday.
Wave Runners have a great spring break! We’ll see you all back at practice on Monday April 14th. Below are links to the photos and results from the meet last Sunday. Also the list of meets coming up when we return from spring break.
- Photos Legend Track Meet
- Results Legend Track Meet March 30 2014
- Upcoming Track Meets – Wave Runner Club Members “ONLY” click REGISTER to let us know how many of you will be participating.
- Sunday April 27 2014 12:00pm – #2 Legend Youth Track Meet
- Saturday May 3 2014 8:00am – Zamperini Youth Track Meet of Champions (We need you to register by April 22 2014 for the Zamperini Meet) We need to turn in our number of entries ahead of time for this meet.
- Saturday May 31 2014 12:00pm – #3 Legend Youth Track Meet
We are looking forward to our first “Youth” track meet on Sunday March 30th.
We are encouraging as many Wave Runners as possible to participate. Entry fees will be paid for by our club for ALL Wave Runner club members participating.
Wave Runner Club Members “ONLY” click REGISTER so we will have you on our roster. Please register as soon as possible or no later than March 26th. Click the link below for the order of events and time schedule.
Order of Events – Legends Youth Track
Parents there will be a Spectator Fee; $5 and Children under Five: Free.
This event is for grades K – 8th. Friends and siblings are welcome to participate, they will just need to pay the $5 Athlete entry fee.
Go Wave Runners!
Occasionally the Redondo Union high school cross country and track program have fundraisers for their program, they reach out to the community and we pass onto our Wave Runner families. Here are two they have going on right now.
1) Sole Generation Sharing the Run with Colombian Youth
Help us raise $800 to ship lightly-worn running shoes & athletic wear to youth in Colombia!
The RUHS Cross Country and Track Team has committed to sharing their love of running with young people in Colombia by starting Project Sole Generation and collecting lightly-worn shoes to send to Colombia. We have received over 450lbs of donated running shoes and shirts in great condition to send to youth in Colombia. Now we just have to get them there! We put this fundraiser together to help raise the funds, go to https://www.booster.com/sole-generation and check it out.
Share the Run by passing this on to family and friends!
2) This one is like their 4th of July fundraiser, We had Wave Runner families show their support and was part of helping raise $400 for the RUHS Cross Country, Track program. They thank you and greatly appreciated your support.
St. Patrick’s Day 5K Fundraiser – flyer St. Pat’s Track fundraiser 2014
RUHS has a chance to raise $2000 for their track and field program by following the steps outlined below.
1) Visit www.villagerunner.com
2) Click on the St. Patrick’s Day Event Tile and click on “online registration”
3) Join team “RUHS T&F Supporter ” – this is open to anyone wanting to sign up and support the RUHS T&F team like a friend or family member.
4) Follow the prompts and sign up for the race.
5) Village Runner will give the track and field program $5 per person that signs up under their team name (up to 400 people).
Please note that all signups must be done online prior to online registration close which is March 13th.
Due to the rainy weather forecast today (Thursday Feb 6th) we will cancel today’s practice. Parras has been notified to announce it over their PA.
Reminder if you haven’t already signed up for the All Comers meet this Saturday please try to do so if you plan on participating (See post below).
Remember no practice on Monday due to the holiday so we will see you either Saturday at the meet or Wednesday 02/12/14