We will cancel today’s practice (Thursday) 5/15/14. It will be cooler next week so practice starts back up on Monday. The coaches want to ensure you we are thinking of the kids safety and feel with this heatwave it will be best for the kids to cancel today’s practice.
Wave Runners due to the Parras softball game today (Thursday April 17) we need to cancel practice. See you on Monday.
Wave Runners have a great spring break! We’ll see you all back at practice on Monday April 14th. Below are links to the photos and results from the meet last Sunday. Also the list of meets coming up when we return from spring break.
- Photos Legend Track Meet
- Results Legend Track Meet March 30 2014
- Upcoming Track Meets – Wave Runner Club Members “ONLY” click REGISTER to let us know how many of you will be participating.
- Sunday April 27 2014 12:00pm – #2 Legend Youth Track Meet
- Saturday May 3 2014 8:00am – Zamperini Youth Track Meet of Champions (We need you to register by April 22 2014 for the Zamperini Meet) We need to turn in our number of entries ahead of time for this meet.
- Saturday May 31 2014 12:00pm – #3 Legend Youth Track Meet
We are looking forward to our first “Youth” track meet on Sunday March 30th.
We are encouraging as many Wave Runners as possible to participate. Entry fees will be paid for by our club for ALL Wave Runner club members participating.
Wave Runner Club Members “ONLY” click REGISTER so we will have you on our roster. Please register as soon as possible or no later than March 26th. Click the link below for the order of events and time schedule.
Order of Events – Legends Youth Track
Parents there will be a Spectator Fee; $5 and Children under Five: Free.
This event is for grades K – 8th. Friends and siblings are welcome to participate, they will just need to pay the $5 Athlete entry fee.
Go Wave Runners!
The RUHS Cross Country and Track Team has committed to sharing their love of running with young people in Colombia by starting Project Sole Generation and collecting lightly-worn shoes to send to Colombia. We have received over 450lbs of donated running shoes and shirts in great condition to send to youth in Colombia. Now we just have to get them there! We put this fundraiser together to help raise the funds, go to https://www.booster.com/
Share the Run by passing this on to family and friends!
St. Patrick’s Day 5K Fundraiser – flyer St. Pat’s Track fundraiser 2014
RUHS has a chance to raise $2000 for their track and field program by following the steps outlined below.
1) Visit www.villagerunner.com
2) Click on the St. Patrick’s Day Event Tile and click on “online registration”
3) Join team “RUHS T&F Supporter ” – this is open to anyone wanting to sign up and support the RUHS T&F team like a friend or family member.
4) Follow the prompts and sign up for the race.
5) Village Runner will give the track and field program $5 per person that signs up under their team name (up to 400 people).
Please note that all signups must be done online prior to online registration close which is March 13th.
Reminder if you haven’t already signed up for the All Comers meet this Saturday please try to do so if you plan on participating (See post below).
Remember no practice on Monday due to the holiday so we will see you either Saturday at the meet or Wednesday 02/12/14
11/21/13 – Thursday’s Practice is CANCELLED
The GRYRC “Wave Runners” are excited to announce they will be hosting their
1st Annual Jingle Bell Run for K thru 8th graders.
Sunday December 15th 2013
Location: Redondo Union High School “Sea Hawk Bowl”
One Sea Hawk Way, Redondo Beach 90277
No Entry Fee
10:00 am Runners check in
K – 2nd grades 11:00 am – 400m Girls and boys will run together.
3rd thru 6th grades 11:30 – 1 mile race – Girls and boys will run together.
7th and 8th grades at 12:00 pm – 2 mile race – Girls and boys will run together.
The Top 5 boys and Top 5 girls in each race will receive medals.
ALL finishers will receive a Jingle Bell Medal.
You can also register the day of race at 10:00 am